IBM Presents Awards to Most Innovative Business Partners
Published: June 15, 2009
by Dan Burger
During a recent conversation with Bob Tipton, I picked up a couple of tips about how certain companies and certain individuals are open to innovation. It doesn't just happen like magic. There are steps, tools, and approaches that can be learned. You can learn to be innovative. There's a necessary attitude, a desire, and an atmosphere that is conducive to innovation, but by and large the process is not like spontaneous combustion. It's planned.
As a reward for innovation within the IBM business partner ranks, Big Blue has the Beacon Awards. It's an annual recognition, within its PartnerWorld program, of innovation applied to solving business issues.
"The IBM Beacon Awards recognize the best solutions and services that business partners deliver across our business and around the world," said Rich Hume, general manager, IBM Global Business Partners. "Through their dedication to innovation, business value and customer satisfaction, these Business Partners combine their deep technology and industry expertise with IBM technology to deliver exceptional solutions that solve real business problems."
The 2009 Beacon Awards were presented in 22 categories with winners chosen from a pool of 340 nominations.
The top award among the IBM i ISVs went to MSI System Integrators for its virtualization implementation at Perishable Distributors of Iowa, a wholesale company that serves 210 retail stores in a seven state area.
Jim Simpson, president and chief executive officer at MSI, said in a press release that the technology and the resources IBM provides allow MSI "to further envision and architect efficient, customized solutions that address cost, risk, and cycle-time reduction for our clients."
Other finalists in the Power of i Business Solution category were Vision Solutions and Datapro Computer Systems.
In the Dynamic Infrastructure category, the winners were:
In the Industry and ISV category, the winners were:
- Outstanding Enterprise Application Solution by an ISV: SAP, Walldorf, Germany
- Software as a Service Innovation: iEnterprises, Murray Hill, New Jersey
- Outstanding Industry Solution by an ISV: Beijing RiseSoft, Beijing, China
In the Mid-Market category, the winners were:
- Excellence in the Mid-Market: DPS, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Excellence in the Mid-Market--Asia Pacific: TeamWork Insight, New Delhi, India
In the Platform Solutions category, the winners were:
In the Services Solutions category, the winners were:
In the Software Solutions category, the winners were:
- Outstanding Information on Demand Solution: Stream IT Consulting, Bangkok, Thailand
- Innovative Collaboration Solution with Lotus Software: Elguji Software, Vancouver, Washington
- Outstanding Service Management Tivoli Solution: Lighthouse Computer Services, Lincoln, Rhode Island
- Outstanding Software Delivery with Rational Software: Ascendant Technology, Austin, Texas
- Outstanding WebSphere SOA Solution: Shandong Inspur Software, Shandong, China
In the Technical Excellence category, the winner was:
OCEAN Conference Emphasizes Higher Education, Lower Fees
IBM Gives Its Seal of Approval to Key Information Systems' Innovation Center
LANSA Wins IBM Award for Data Sync Direct
Post this story to del.icio.us
Post this story to Digg
Post this story to Slashdot