COMMON Focus 2007 will be our first annual workshop conference event, featuring three days of intense, focused education. It will be a smaller, more intimate event than a traditional COMMON conference with a limited number of attendees - allowing attendees for more one-on-one interaction with the speakers and each other.
There will be 15 in-depth, all-day educational workshops offered - both in lab and lecture-style formats - in a wide range of topic areas. Attendees can attend only one workshop per day, providing attendees the opportunity to focus their educational needs on a specific topic each day.
Workshops offered at COMMON Focus 2007 include:
· Disaster Recovery Primer - Ready, Set, Plan
· Modernizing RPG Applications
· Implementing i5/OS Security
· (LAB): PHP Essentials
· (LAB): WDS and WDSc Guided Tour
· Disaster Recovery Workshop: Be Well Prepared
· All You Need to Know about SQL in Six Hours
· System i Access for Web
· (LAB): IBM System i Navigator Workshop
· (LAB): Hands on VB.net and ASP.net for System i Developers
· Systems Management Workshop
· Beyond the Basics with SQL
· RPG Meets the Web
· (LAB): Optimize Your System i with IBM Performance Management Tools
· (LAB): Using Java to Build System i Web Applications
COMMON Focus 2007 will kickoff on the evening of Sunday, October 14th
with a Welcome Reception, where attendees and workshop instructors can meet and network.
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided each day, along with several breaks,
giving attendees time to interact with each other.
COMMON Focus 2007 will also have a tabletop-style exhibition area, featuring
a limited number of exhibitors. Attendees will be able to view and get
hands-on demonstration on the latest System i-related solutions available to them.
This innovative educational conference promises to be three days of intense learning -
it is an educational opportunity that you don't want to miss.
Learn more at www.common.org/focus.