IBM I PTF Guide, Volume 19, Number 18
May 10, 2017 Doug Bidwell
This week in PTFs is all about HIPERs, Security, and Hardware patches. For the HIPERs, the biggie is excessive VLOGing fixes, plan cache tweaks, and cloud-init open source issues have been fixed. On the security front, there is a PTF that corrects RFC 2328 ambiguities and vulnerabilities.
As for the hardware patches, there are a bunch, including:
- MF63396 – Slider SES Firmware: 4170
- Improved error handling during SES FW updates to prevent
- possible device errors, such as SRCxxxx3002. Enhancements to connector Fault LED functionality
- Diagnostic improvements for expander to power supply communication and failure detection
- Improved error handling and reporting for expander and/or fan failures
As always, we are providing a deep archive of the IBM i PTF Guide, for which the past several years’ worth of issues.