IBM i PTF Guide, Volume 19, Number 20
May 24, 2017 Doug Bidwell
The most amazing fix that Big Blue has ever done for the techies who administer and program the IBM i platform happened last week: After 16 years of playing the same snippet of song in a loop for those dying on hold waiting for the support line, IBM finally relented and changed its tune.
I had to hang up and call back to have them put me on hold so I could verify that it was not an accident. Amazing!
In this week’s IBM i PTF Guide, there is a bunch of stuff going on. The MQ for IBM i group SF99759 has been expanded to include V9.0.0 of MQ, except on V7R1M0. I can find no mention of support for that version on IBM I V7R1M0.
The HIPERs and Security groups this week are out for all three supported releases. They all cover the info below:
- Partition hang at R720, due to segments being created or extended by over 32 Mb. DUMPASPFSMAPINFO shows Space Free Reserve Count eventually reaching zero, and requiring an IPL to recover.
- Resolved an Assert and a Hard Failure during Sanitize operations involving a power cycle & other improvements
- INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC VR16 – firmware fixes. After this PTF is applied, a SAVSYS should be done to create a new recovery media which includes this fix.
- After cancelling a job, the job hangs in TIMW with DbpmMutex in the stack.
- Language marker PTF for CVE patches
- OSP – Other Update Samba Support for IBM i PASE to 3.6.25d – bug fixes
- This PTF will force a perm apply of LIC PTFs: V7R1M0f MF63543, V7R2M0f MF63363, V7R3M0f MF63356. These PTFs prevent a possible hang condition after a mainstore dump IPL has been processed.
- A msgSQL0904 Type 7 with a reason code of 163 may occur in a QZDASOINIT Job if a SQL Package reaches the maximum size.
We are providing a deep archive of the IBM i PTF Guide, for which the past several years’ worth of issues are below. Get to it.