IBM i PTF Guide, Volume 20, Number 38
September 26, 2018 Doug Bidwell
Hello good people of IBM i Land. There are HIPER and Security PTFs on all three releases this week: That’s IBM i 7.3, 7.2, and 7.1. So dig in and have a gander at the spreadsheet and figure out what to do.
Here are the important links this week:
- Ethernet How to Temporarily Enable or Disable Large Send Offload (LSO) on the IBM i
- Security All Security Bulletins for IBM i
- Security Apache on IBM i Security Updates
- Security Java on IBM i security updates
- Security Vulnerabilities for OpenSSL on IBM i
- Security Vulnerabilities for OpenSSH on IBM i
The Guide at a glance: Whoops, there are new defectives this week (9/22), that last stretch was only one week! Does anyone know what the record would be?. Anyway, here is the defective PTF rundown, which is the last defective for each release:
Defect Defective APAR Fixing Date PTF PTF -------- -------- ------- ------- 7.3 09/20/18 MH01783 MB04197 MH01798 (New!) 7.2 09/20/18 MH01783 MB04197 MH01798 (New!) 7.1 04/26/18 MF64827 MA47056 MF64936 (Nothing changed here)
Be sure to access the link in the Guide for further details!
Below is the usual archive of the IBM i PTF Guide to help you work through the PTFs in chronological order: