IBM i PTF Guide, Volume 21, Number 26
July 8, 2019 Doug Bidwell
All of us at IT Jungle like to support our local user groups, and being from Southern California, the IBM i PTF Guide has a soft spot in its heart for the annual OCEAN technical conference. This is just a reminder that if you are in our neck of the woods, the OCEAN TechCon19 IBM i Technical Conference – check out CODE LEARN20 – runs from July 25 through 27.
Turning back to the IBM i PTF Guide, there is a new High Availability Group for 7.4, and updates for MQ for IBM i – v7.1.0/v8.0.0/V9.0.0 for IBM i 7.2 and IBM i 7.3.
Security Bulletin: Multiple vulnerabilities in IBM Java SDK and IBM Java Runtime affect IBM i. IBM recommends the latest Java Group for fixes:
- Release 7.1 – SF99572 level 36 (Current)
- Release 7.2 – SF99716 level 21 (Current)
- Release 7.3 – SF99725 level 13 (Current)
- Release 7.4 – SF99665 level 2 (Current)
See this link for further details.
Here’s another one: LDAP (IBM Tivoli Directory Server) Fails to Start.
- IBM i 7.4: 5770SS1-SI70236
- IBM i 7.3: 5770SS1-SI70189
- IBM i 7.2: 5770SS1-SI70235
See this link for more details.
New (Updated) Links this week:
- Java: Java on IBM i
- System: Steps to SLIP Install the Licensed Internal Code
- EIM_NAS: Cleanup of EIM and NAS (Enterprise Identity Mapping and Network Authentication Service)
- System: Install, Upgrade, Migrate, and Recovery for IBM i OS – Documentation Quick Reference
- Support: IBM extended support
The Guide at a glance: There are new defectives this week (6/29/19). Here is the defective PTF rundown, which is the last defective for each release:
Defect Defective APAR Fixing Date PTF PTF -------- -------- ------- ------- 7.4 06/28/19 MF65817 MA47823 MF66389 (Not yet Available) 7.3 06/28/19 MF65818 MA47823 MF66388 (Not yet Available) 7.2 06/28/19 MF66349 MA47823 MF66390 (Not yet Available) MF66268 MF65819 7.1 04/26/18 MF64827 MA47056 MF64936 (Nothing changed here)
Be sure to access the link in the Guide for further details.
Below is the usual archive of the IBM i PTF Guide to help you work through the PTFs in chronological order: