IBM i PTF Guide, Volume 21, Number 36
September 11, 2019 Doug Bidwell
Some weeks are more exciting than others here in PTF Land. We’ve got some new links to tell you about and a couple of other tidbits to share. But the exciting news for IBM i customers this week is the reveal of a new Support Site coming from IBM in October! Find out more by viewing this video.
Now back to the Guide. First, you may notice some differences when you download this week’s edition. Be aware we added a cover page as a first worksheet.
In terms of what to look for, you will see new version of MGTOOLS for 7.4, 7.3, and 7.2. Here are the updated links this week:
- HMC — HMC Version 8 Enhanced: Enabling ssh/remote command execution
- HMC — Classic UI: Configuring the HMC to Accept SSH Connections and Remote Commands
- HMC — Configuring Redundant HMCs
- IASP — IBM Best Practices: Preparing IASP (Independent ASP) prior to IPL
- ACS — How to download spool files – Small, Medium, Large – and in the correct ASCII format
One other tip: Having pictures of the front and rear of your racks can be very helpful.
Defect Defective APAR Fixing Date PTF PTF -------- -------- ------- ------- 7.4 07/29/19 SI69654 SE71792 SI70596 (5733SC1, OpenSSH, available!) SI70596 is listed as fix for 7.4, 7.3, and 7.2 - not an error.... 7.3 07/29/19 SI69654 SE71792 SI70596 (5733SC1, OpenSSH, available!) 7.2 07/29/19 SI69654 SE71792 SI70596 (5733SC1, OpenSSH, available!) 7.1 07/29/19 SI69653 SE71807 SI70603 (5733SC1, OpenSSH, available!)
Be sure to access the link in the Guide for further details.
Below is the usual archive of the IBM i PTF Guide to help you work through the PTFs in chronological order: