IBM i PTF Guide, Volume 24, Number 46
November 14, 2022 Doug Bidwell
This week, you will find much to your surprise that Access Client Solutions 220.127.116.11, which was promised for delivery on December 2 back at the NAViGATE 2022 COMMON conference in St Louis, is out a few weeks early. We saw it available and downloaded it on November 11, which means it is a few weeks early.
ACS 18.104.22.168 follows on the heels of the 22.214.171.124 release that came out in April 2022, with mitigations for the Log4j security vulnerabilities. We don’t know the full set of enhancements yet, but this IBM i – ACS Updates page at Big Blue gives some hints. The new ACEs requires a new release of the Java runtime from Oracle, which specifically is JRE 1.8.0_351.
Now, here is the rundown of PTF Groups by IBM i release level since we last published:
PTF Groups 7.5:
PTF Groups 7.4:
- Performance Tools
PTF Groups 7.3:
PTF Groups 7.2:
New (or Updated) links added to the ‘Links’ tab in the guide this week:
- TCP/IP: Disabling IPv6 from Starting When STRTCP is Issued, 636567
New (or Updated) links added to the ‘QMGtools’ tab in the guide this week:
New (or Updated) links added to the ‘ACS_NAV’ tab in the guide this week:
- How To Import Personal Certificates Into a DCM Keystore on the IBM i OS, 6515666
- Automating ACS Data Transfer, 646035
- IBM i ACS Data Transfer Download to Excel Spreadsheet, 666965
- Transferring Data From Excel using Access Client Solutions, 667343
- ACS Data Transfer Migration tool does not create .FDFX file, 666837
- Use RXFERPCB with IBM i Access Client Solutions, 6406322
- How to transfer a SAVF to your PC using ACS (Access Client Solutions), 667913
- How to Securely Deploy ACS for IBM i (Help/Systems – Astra), PDF
New (or Updated) links added to the ‘Prtr Links’ tab in the guide this week:
Tips/Definitions: How long has it been since you did a SAVE 21?
The Guide at a glance: There are no new defectives this week (11/12/22). Here is the defective PTF rundown, which is the last defective for each release:
Defect Defective APAR Fixing Date PTF PTF -------- -------- ------- ------- 7.5 10/17/22 SI80935 SE78596 SI81306 (Latest TR required, read cover letter) 7.4 10/06/22 SI78850 SE78596 SI81304 (When available) 7.3 10/06/22 SI79965 SE78596 SI81305 (When available) 7.2 12/08/21 SI77634 SE73420 SI78039 (Read the link in the guide!)
Be sure to access the link in the Guide for further details.
Below is the usual archive of the IBM i PTF Guide to help you work through the PTFs in chronological order: