IBM i PTF Guide, Volume 22, Number 46
November 18, 2020 Doug Bidwell
First, thank you to Kent Stoner for catching the error in the IBM i 7.3 Defective PTF. It should have been SI73926 – it has been corrected below. There are new Cumes for IBM i 7.2, IBM i 7.3, and IBM i 7.4, and we made it through Friday the 13th and the new Technology Refreshes for IBM i 7.3 and IBM i 7.4 were indeed available. Also, a reminder that there is a new version of Access Client Solutions that is due in the first week of December, and finally, there are no new defective PTFs this week. . . for any release. Yay!
Here is the rundown of PTF Groups by IBM i release level:
PTF Groups 7.4:
- DB2 for IBM i
- IBM Db2 Mirror for i
- New Cume for 7.4, C0303740
PTF Groups 7.3:
- DB2 for IBM i
- New Cume for 7.3, C0310730
PTF Groups 7.2:
- New Cume for 7.2, C0296720
PTF Groups 7.1:
- Nothing to see here.
New (or Updated) Links for this week:
- FAX400: IBM Facsimile Support for IBM i
- FAX400: IBM Facsimile Support for IBM i – FAQ
- FAX/EDS: Ethernet Device Server Support (WAN over LAN)
- SSL: How to configure the IBM i Access Host Servers for SSL Only
- Encryption: ASP Encryption Basics
- SSH: How to setup the IBM i SSH daemon to autostart with TCP/IP
- System/Install: Install, Upgrade, Migrate, and Recovery for IBM i OS – Documentation Quick Reference
Tips/Definitions: Be safe and be kind.
The Guide at a glance: There are no new defectives this week (11/14/20). Here is the defective PTF rundown, which is the last defective for each release:
Defect Defective APAR Fixing Date PTF PTF -------- -------- ------- ------- 7.4 10/29/20 SI73927 SE74609 SI74625 (not available) 7.3 10/29/20 SI73926 SE74609 SI74624 (not available) 7.2 10/06/20 SI73839 SE74370 SI74276 (available) SI73601 SI73431 SI73331 SI71769 7.1 07/29/19 SI69653 SE71807 SI70603 (5733SC1, OpenSSH, available!)
Be sure to access the link in the Guide for further details.
Below is the usual archive of the IBM i PTF Guide to help you work through the PTFs in chronological