IBM i PTF Guide, Volume 19, Numbers 29 Through 31
August 9, 2017 Doug Bidwell
It is catch up week for us here in the PTF Realm of IBM i Land, with The Four Hundred being on hiatus for a couple of Wednesdays during the summer doldrums. So let’s go through what happened in the prior three editions of the IBM i PTF Guide in sequential order so you can keep track of it.
In Issue 29, the PTF rundown looked like this. There were updates to Backup Recovery Solution for V7R3, V7R2, and V7R1, as well as for DB2 for IBM i V7R3 and V7R2. WebSphere Application Server V8.5 for V7R3, V7R2, and V7R1 were updated, as was DB2 Web Query V2.2.0 for V7R3 and V7R1.
The biggest news was in the DB2 Group PTF, which had 128 patches in this new level. There is lots of work being done there, and we strongly recommend getting this put on to your systems. The improvements are in optimization and RGZPFM as well as in thresholds, logging, processing, and other aspects of the SLIC database in-use table. I am looking for a similar update to the DB2 for V7R1 in the near future.
In Issue 30, there was a new cumulative PTF set for V7R1, which came out on July 28, and it is very like the last one! (C7192710) IBM also announced support for SMB2 in V7R2. The PTFs required are in this link. Note that the support for SMB2 is in the Base for V7R3; no PTFs are required.
The newest version of Access Client Solutions – July 2017, Version 220.127.116.11 – has a lot of very good stuff in it. See below.
- Option to disable end users from accepting “trusted” signers (RFE 99153)
- Option to enable SSL by default (RFE 100725)
- Enable “Check for updates” from command line (RFE 96516)
- Provide better error details (RFE 99599, RFE 105977)
- Enhancements to 5250 Emulation
Screen History Archiving:
Toolbar buttons for launching Navigator for i (RFE 100673), Schemas (RFE 106817), and SQL Performance Center (RFE 106817)
Enhancements to Printer Output:
- Combine date/time into single column with most current entry displayed first (RFE 93655)
- Date/Time filter (RFE 99212)
- Filter Reset button (RFE 104310)
- Enhancements to Data Transfer:
- Automatically truncate extra columns during upload (RFE 106407)
Enhancements to Schemas:
- Added Health Center
- Additional filters for object folders
- Action for checking permissions
- Added View Entries to Journals
Enhancements to Run SQL Scripts:
- Added SQL Performance Monitor
- Added headings to text type output (RFE 91120)
Enhancements to SQL Performance Center:
- Added Import SQL performance data